Gates Radio Company
- Class A FM Antenna 2M
- AM-80 AM modulation monitor. 1974. 735kB. Contributed by Bob Meister.
BC-1E 1kW/500W/250W AM Transmitter
- Brochure Scanned and contributed by John T. M. Lyles. 1.9MB
BC-1G 1kW/250W AM transmitter.
- BC-1H AM 1kW Transmitter. Has transistorized RF oscillator and buffer amps, then conventional vacuum tube driver and plate modulated final. Contributed by John T. M. Lyles. 4.4MB.
BC-1J - 1kW AM Transmitter (1955)
- BC-1T AM 1kW Transmitter. 1958
- BC-250GY-1 250W AM transmitter. 1963. Scanned and contrributed by Anton Steenbakkers.
- Criteion Series Playback and Amplifier tape cartridge machine. 1966
- Executive Audio Console
- FM-1B 1kW FM Transmitter. 1961. File Size: 9.1MB.
- FM-1G *Schematic, Scanned and contributed by Robert Williams, 126kB
- FM-3H 3kW FM Transmitter, 1967. File Size: 7.9MB. Schematic (1.9MB)
- FM-10H3 10kW FM transmitter with TE-3 Solid Statesman FM exciter. 33MB
- FM-20H3 20kW FM Transmitter, including TE-3 Solid Statesman FM exciter. 1973. 30MB
- FMC Series] Circularly polarized FM antennae. 1967 3.54MB
I.B. 804 - Instructions for installing, servicing, and operating Gates SA series equipments -
- SA7 Power Supply
- SA8 Volume Indicator
- SA10 Monitoring Amplifier
- SA17 Switch and Fuse Panel
- SA20 Program Amplifier
- SA22 Cueing Amplifier
- SA66 General Purpose Amplifier
- SA70 Pre-Amplifier
- SA71 Pre-Amplifier
- SA72 Pre-Amplifier
- SA77 Power Supply
- SA78 Power Supply
- SA79 Power Supply
*I.B. 805 - Instructions for MO 2890 Frequency Monitor and MO 2639 Modulation Monitor (1948). 1.3MB. *IB-833 - Instructions for Installation, Operation, and Maintenance of the Gates FMR-250B 250 Watt FM Transmitter. 1956. 4.4M
- M2639 AM Modulation Monitor. Scanned by Dale Cook. 6.7MB
- M2890 AM Frequency Monitor. Scanned by Dale Cook. 6.7MB
M5133C Gatesway Console. Scanned by Dale Cook. 28MB
*M5167 - Sta-Level Amplifier - 4/30/56, 2.6MB
- M5167 - Sta-Level, another copy scanned by Dale Cook. 14MB
- M5381 - Studioette Console. 1962. 17MB. Scanned and contributed by Anton Steenbakkers.
*M5534 - FM Exciter Unit - 7/28/60, 6.9MB *M6543 - Solid Statesman Limiter - 1/31/68 *MM5546 - Level Devil audio processor. File size 2.1MB. Another version. File size: 470kB. Contributed by Earl Arbuckle. 1958. *M5693 Modulation Monitor (6/9/1959) - Instruction manual on AM modulation monitor.
- M-6160 Subcarrier Generator 1962
- M6112 RF Diode. A remote reading RF ammeter. Scanned and contributed by Bob / WA1MIK.
- M6211, M6213, M6219, M6221, M6234 Cartritape II System. 1964. 8.52MB
- Page 5-2 of Stereo Statesman Console manual (missing from above scan). Contributed by Greg Osenkowsky.
- M6543 Soild Statesman Limiter. Scanned by Dale Cook. 7.8MB
- MO-3625 Gain Set. 1950. 2.4MB
- SA-39A Limiting Amplifier. (1951). 1.4MB
- Stereo Statesman
- TE-3 FM Exciter, 1975-1981, 5.5M
TV-10 Audio Control Console for Televisi*on
Vanguard II - 1kW AM transmitter. 4CX3000A operates as a class AB-1 linear RF amplifier. Modulation is at the 1 watt level.
- Vertically Polarized FM Antennas and Power Divider by E. S. Gagnon, Manager Product Marketing. 1958
- Gates 1950 transmitter booklet. Contains data on BC-5B, BC-10B, BC-1F, BC-500D, BC-250D transmitters, the GYU-48 "Complete Radio Station (includes transmitter, monitors, audio limiter, etc.), MO-2890 AM frequency monitor, MO-2639 AM modulation monitor, model 44 antenna coupler, model 47 "tower termination equipment," directional phasors, lighting chokes, rack cabinets, and suggested studio designs. low resolution (3.3M), high resolution (9.7M). Scanned by John T. M. Lyles.
Gates 1950 Communications Catalog - Radiotelephone and radiotelegraph transmitters for 2 to 22 MHz. The telegraph transmitters can do 600 WPM. The radiotelephone transmitters are available as communications or broadcast models. The broadcast models include a modulation reactor. The communications transmitters run the final RF amplifier through the modulation transformer secondary.
This catalog also includes VHF FM transmitters (150 - 175 MHz) for short range point to point communications.
The catalog also contains communications receivers that cover 540kHz to 43MHz.
- Gates 1950 Speech Input Equipment Catalog - Audio consoles for AM, FM, and TV stations. Also listed are speakers, communications receivers, rack cabinets, patch panels, limiting amplifiers and other amplifiers, transcription equipment, tape recording equipment, disc recording equipment, line equalizers, microphones, attenuators, accessories, test equipment, price list, etc.
Another interesting product is a "telephone dial" driven remote line selector. The user dials the remote broadcast line to be used, and a remote stepper switch selects the appropriate remote broadcast telephone line.
- Gates 1950 Transmitter Catalog - AM transmitters, modulation monitors, frequency monitors, antenna couplers (tuning networks), directional antenna phasors.
- Gates 1950 BF-250A Brochure - 250W FM transmitter. Uses a GL-2H21 Phasitron tube for modulation.
Gates 1958 Catalog - Due to the large number of photographs, the files ended up pretty large. To get them down to a somewhat reasonable size, the catalog is broken into parts. Contributed by Jerry Gillivan *Pages 1 - 100
*BC-50B 50kW AM transmitter, Supervisory Control Console, BC-100B 100kw AM transmitter, BC-20B 20kw AM transmitter, BC-5P 5kw AM transmitter, BC-10P 10kw AM transmitter, BC-1T 1kw AM transmitter, BC-500T 500w AM transmitter, BC-250T 250w AM transmitter, Radio Transmission Systems (transmitters and monitors), BC-250GY 250w AM transmitter, GY-60B Accessory Equipment Cabinet, *BF-E-10B 10w FM transmitter, BF-E-50B 50w FM transmitter, BF-R-50C 50w FM relay transmitter (40-220MHz), FM-250B 250w FM transmitter, FM-1B 1kw FM transmitter, M-5633 and M-5633A multiplex subcarrier generators, FM-5B 5kw FM transmitter, *Antennas for FM and TV, *108E phase monitor, 120D field meter, *electric generator plants, *BT100A 100w TV transmitter, BT1A 500w TV transmitter, *directional phasing equipment, antenna couplers, tower chokes, isolation coils, sampling loops, remote meter kit, M-4990 AM frequency monitor, MO-2639 and MO-2639A AM modulation monitor, CCD-2 transmitter control console, RDC-10 remote control system, RDC-200 deluxe remote control system, remote control accessories, packaged AM radio stations, Dualux dual speech input equipment, Gatesway speech input equipment, 102MB
- Pages 101 - 200 - Audio consoles, monitor amplifiers, audio limiters, audio preamps, VU meters, patch panels, audio equalizers, studio cabinetry, turntables, program automation, rack cabinets, audio proof equipment, "sound effects wagon," remote broadcast equipment, utility amplifiers, communications and short wave transmitters, 494MB
- Price List - 1.4MB
GatesRadioCatalog99 - Scanned by Bob Newberry, WBRC, Birmingham, AL.
- Gates catalog 99 Price List - 1971. Scanned and contributed by Brian Baba. 47MB.
Other Gates Radio Resources
- Gates Harris History - Great archive of Gates newsletters back to 1935
- Gates page at oldradio.com
- Gates page at BAMA
Back to HomePage