- ADA, Tokyo, Japan. Excellent photo-essay by Leonard H. Anderson describing this U.S. Army Central Command communications station in 1953. Station ADA served the entire Far East Command Headquarters at the time.
- Automatic Data Processing Systems for Staff Officers - Part 1, Department of Nonresident Instruction, US Army Signal School, Instruction Book 511, Part 1. February 14, 1964, revised June 10, 1964.
- Automatic Teletypewriter Switching Centers, US Army Signal Center and School SSTS56007
- A Military Major Communications Node Description, As It Existed In 1962
- A Secret Landscape - The Cold War Infrastructure of the Nation's Capital Region. Extensive information site on cold war communications facilities.
- Control of Cryptomaterial - US Army Signal School Bulletin 691, 1956. 3.5 MB.
- Communications Center Planning, US Army Signal School, Officers' Department Information Sheet SSTS 5600A.
- Communications in the European Theater - Extensive history of US military communications in Europe from 1945 to 1989.
- Communications Security - U. S. Army Signal School SSTS 56002A
- Fixed Plant Traffice Engineering Reference Data, US Army Signal School Text SIG 660-85, April 16, 1956
- Introduction to Automatic Data Processing - US Army ST-11-183, 1958. 13 MB.
- Introduction to Communications Center Operation, US Army Signal Center and School SSTS 56000C, May 1, 1965
- Legal Aspects of Counterinsurgency, The Judge Advocate General's School, Army Extension Subcourse 255, June 18, 1964.
- Manual Teletypewriter Procedures - SSTS 56003D, 1965. 2 MB
- Mathematics, Army Extension Courses, United States Army Signal Center and School, Subcourse 100, March 22, 1963, Revised January 9, 1964.
- Message Preparation and Handling - US Army Signal Center and School SSTS 56001F, February 1965
- Motorola - The first walkie talkie
- Radio Communications and Signals Intelligence in the RCN - Extensive history of naval radio in Canada.
- Radio Relay - From a Historical and Personal Viewpoint With an Emphasis on Microwave Radio Relay by Leonard H. Anderson - March 2005
- Radiotelegraph Procedures - US Army Signal Center and School SSTS 56004A, September 1964
- Servo Systems, US Army Signal School ST 11-674, April 6, 1960.
- Tape Relay Operations - SSTS 56005C. 3 MB
- Transistors, US Army Signal School sibcpirse 106, May 27, 1963.
US Air Force T.O. 31-1-141, Basic Electronics Technology and Testing Practices. 1969
- Chapter 11, Testing Techniques and Practices. Very extensive descriptions of communications equipment (receivers, transmitters, facsimilie, teletypewriter, interference, noise), radar, navigational aids (VOR, beacons, direction finder, instrument landing systems), television equipment (closed circuit television, color television), radiac equipment (radiation detection), synchro and servo systems, power supplies, electrical machinery (motors, generators), infrared equipment (transmission, reception, measurements), computers (core, drum, and tape memory), telephone and telegraph systems
- Chapter 12, Merit Measurements.
- Chapter 13, Transmission Line and Wave Guide Principles
- US Navy Radio Communications - HF naval communications in the 1950s and 1960s
Back to HomePage